Monday 17 June 2024

Celebrating “dad”

In a world where people can’t wait to be a father, there are very few that stands up and becomes a dad!!

Many just fulfils their obligation toward fatherhood by giving 10k and visiting twice a month!! 

But then there are people that make their child/ren their priority!! They know how to care, how to provide, how to be there!!

They think about their kid every moment of every day; strive to do better for their offspring!! They worry for them each day!! Make them their priority!!

They’d be there as your backup!! They’d be there to protect!! They’d be there to care!! They’d be there to lead!! They’d be there to guide!! 

They’d be there when you need them because they’re always there!! They’re not there when it’s convenient, they’re there because they choose to!!

Even as an adult, despite being independent and by myself for a decent part of adulthood now, despite having a few self help tips handy, he still makes it a point to come over often to help me fix the errands in the house!! He comes over and suddenly the choke up in the tap is cleaned, the basics of the house is fixed and running, I’ve got “hot” food on the table bcz he’s heated it up for the lazy bum who eats it cold!! From talking investment to talking  about how I should raise monkeys that visits our window; I know I can still count on him any moment I find anything difficult!!

Elder daughters and dads have a very special love hate relationship!! He loves me more than anything and anyone on earth (my pride and the factor to irritate my sister)!! But he hates my audacity and the fact that I’m just as tempered and adamant as him!! But he’s definitely around to see me be more independent and does everything in his power to ensure I don’t need him!!

But alas, he doesn’t know, a child always “ALWAYS” needs the dad!! And especially when you’ve got a good one, you always know, you’ve got someone to count on when you’re in need!! Rather, he ensures you’re never ever in “need” of him!!

2 comments:

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...