Friday 17 April 2020

Guilt

He wronged me but I feel guilty..
He abused me but I hid..
He assaulted me but I covered my scars..
He publicly ruined my repute but I kept quiet..

How does the concept of guilt Work?? Why do I keep myself low when I've been on the receiving end?? Why do I feel ashamed to bring myself to face people whereas his social life has increased instead?? Why can't I convince myself to stand with my head held high?? Why does the broken marriage have to break my dignity??

I wonder how does guilt work.. And then I realize, I've got a sense of conscience which he doesn't.. If he would, he wouldn't do what he did!
!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...