Thursday 25 March 2021

The big 30






Last year I had my friends call me at midnight, my sister and brother in law joining the call.. It was all fun and great, long conversation full of laughter.. The cherry on the cake was my son telling them to keep the phone because we have to sleep so that mummas birthday comes soon!!! I had people that matters sending me wishes and calls, it was good.. A quiet birthday when lockdown began, sending my plans of an office birthday with my team and subsequent plan with my friends into the drain!!! The most sad I feel is for the clothes and accessories I picked out, (nonetheless, dressed it out for my son's birthday)

I am a person who loves birthdays and all the attention and fun!! I look forward to birthdays of people I love to shower them with love and surprises, to gift them something I feel they would like or something they need.. And I look forward to someone doing the same for me!! Last few years, I put that nexus of making my birthday special on others and I've been more depressed knowing people barely even know its my birthday unless someone has a big display on Facebook!! I have hidden my birthday from all platform because I wish for people who loves me genuinely to be wishing me.. So taking things into my own hands, I made a birthday plan for myself, ordering my choice of cake, customized for me, gifting myself something I need and like, taking myself to a full day of fun!! Why need someone to fulfil your dreams when you're all that knows you to make you happy???

I had really big plans when I set off into my 20’s!! Being married at 21 wasn’t one but something happens unplanned!!  Although my plans of being a manager by 30 and commanding a senior management position has been deferred by a few years, I am finally on that path!! When marriage happened, my life’s plans changed to having a kid by 25 and the other by 30!! God blessed me with a beautiful healthy boy by 24 and circumstance deferred my second pregnancy!! So what I don’t have a human baby by 30, I have found my love and child in Drax, my Rot baby!! 



But fate is such a pain in the .... I fell in love with Drax seeing his pic but within a few hours of having him at arms reach, I lost him!! I couldn’t cuddle him or play with him!! My plans of feeding him, playing with him, being a strict parent, live life as a new mom, watching him and Joe grow together and being inseparable has washed down the drain!! I wanted Drax for many reason: an unconditional and assured love topping that list!! 

Such is life; we can’t plan it prior because life has a way of changing our plans!! This just reminds us that our plans are finally futile because nothing always works!! Here I wanted a grand celebration to share my joy of being a mom again with the family and I end up mourning the loss and celebrating the blessing of life!!

I did in fact  have a fun day starting with my cliche bday idea of a midnight surprise with balloons, sparkles and all!! Two of my friends dropped in to make my day brighter and special!! My family around to remind me I’m loved!! I couldn’t help but feel better knowing so many loves me!! It is an assurance we all need and I got mine when my bunch was around!! 

I have lost loved ones and few of my pets in the past yet every death comes with a reminder to celebrate each day!! No moment is guaranteed, no day is assured!! Yet we plan; that’s what “hope” does!! Let’s keep our hopes up to enjoy yet another year!! A beautiful day with family!! I matter to a few and they mean my world!! I couldn’t be more excited about growing older with a bunch of my loved ones around!! 

A few strands greyer, a few pounds heavier, a few bones weaker and a few emotions stronger: Life is to be celebrated because the next year is just an added bonus!! So don’t lose a chance to celebrate the small and big wins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...