Monday 31 January 2022

Reflective best self





It was an assignment that was compulsory for us!! I fretted at the fact that I need to ask people about me but who doesn’t like compliments!! Given a chance to hear good about you that too at the expense of the college was a chance I readily cashed in on!!

So I started with sending out a message to people to fill up a simple google form!! I initially dropped a message but a wise person advised me to collate the same in a google form instead to organise it in an uncomplicated manner!! And man, I have been smiling ever since I started getting the first response!

If not for the assignment I wouldn’t ever bother to ask anyone about their opinion about me nor do many ever come over to compliment on your character as such!! People do compliment when you dress well or maybe someone that gets to know you may comment and compliment on your character but it isn’t too often that happens!! But this exercise reminded me to compliment others often too!! 

Everyone is battling their own things in their own ways, some we know of and others we don’t!! There are so many instances of weakness in my life and I’ve been blessed to find support in my tribe through it!! And guess what, it’s majorly the same people that has commented on my strengths saying “confident, positive attitude” when they are the ones that give me that strength!!

I never realised what picture I portrayed to others!! This exercise helped me know what my friends, colleagues and peers thought of me!! And served as a gentle reminder to compliment someone when I see their strengths because what I noticed good about them maybe something they don’t even know about!!

So cheers to spreading positivity and me back to assignment backlogs!! And just for fun, why not do this exercise yourself and ask your people to compliment you!! Because those words stay etched and can be used as a reminder of your strengths!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...