Thursday 11 April 2019

More than words!!

Saying I love you 
Is not the words I want to hear from you 
It's not that I want you 
Not to say, but if you only knew 
How easy it would be to show me how you feel 
More than words is all you have to do to make it real 
Then you wouldn't have to say that you love me 
'Cause I'd already know 
What would you do if my heart was torn in two 
More than words to show you feel 
That your love for me is real 
What would you say if I took those words away 
Then you couldn't make things new 
Just by saying I love you

A wonderful song by Extreme!!

We all have learnt that communication can be both verbal and non verbal.. With the advent of technology, the communication is confined to words being exchanged which results in more confusion since the non verbal complementary component is absent.. You don't need words to express yourself if the person with you can read your cues..

My son squeezes my hand when he's scared, I just cuddle him closer.. I know he's scared by the touch and he knows he's safe by the hug.. His genuine smile, his laughter, his concern all shows his extreme love.. His "I love you's" don't match up to the infinite expression of love my kid shows during the day.. He says "love you " when I tell him, but he shows he loves me even when I don't expect him to.. He knows my anger looking at my face, he knows to drive me up there n he also knows to calm me.. All this done by a kid who doesn't speak much..

In short, feelings are not what's put out in words.. It's good to hear it.. But it's even better to feel it.. Because sometimes words don't do justice to the feeling.. If the person feels the love, there's no need for the words..

For a romantic, life revolves around love.. When you find someone you love selflessly and you are loved back in the same manner, life is perfect and worth living.. Can't be more thankful for this little guy who has taught me the meaning of love without even having to use words!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...