Monday 20 May 2019

I am a Rebel

   In this times when we are trying to raise a non gender stereotype conformist generation, ensuring my kid sees the same environment at home makes me a rebel.. I don't want to raise my son seeing women in the kitchen and men in the living room.. I want to raise my son showing him parents who work inside the house as well as outside.. That makes me a Rebel..

    I believe in Feminism which believes that men and women are equal.. So I don't agree with the notion of women waking up with the sun and doing household chores while the men sleeps and gets rest.. In this times when both genders are working, it's normal for a woman to be as tired as a man and needs rest like a man too.. So if I refuse to wake early since I've been up all night with the kid and refusing to prepare an elaborate breakfast and instead settling for something easy to cook, it makes me a Rebel..

   I have a voice that doesn't shy from calling out on people's shit on their face.. Being strongly opinionated and rational breaks the stereotype of an obedient, submissive nature of women.. That makes me a Rebel..

     I have an identity and I'm proud of mine.. I never had to introduce myself as someone's daughter or wife.. That is something that is against the law of the orthodox society.. That makes me a Rebel..

     Breaking the shackles of orthodox beliefs isn't an easy job.. Everyone says they are progressive and wants a modern world for the next generation.. But when it comes to reality, people want to conform themselves to the patterns of the society.. It's easier to conform than change.. And people like me who refuses to conform are rebels, we've got labels, we're called names, we've been disowned, punished..

Nonetheless, I am a rebel and I'm proud of being one.. I'm not a rebel without a cause.. I have an example to lead for my son.. Nobody else will defend or talk for you.. You've gotta stand up strong against all the people in this world including the ones you love.. Defend what you believe in, even if you're alone.. No matter how painful, one day you will win and you can't be more proud of standing and supporting what's right!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...