Monday 1 April 2024

Someone

In those long hours of night when I can’t catch a wink, I wished I could call up on someone to just vent it out!!

In those days when I’m elated, I just wanna celebrate it with someone!!

When the day is exhausting, I just want to curl up and have someone to pamper me!!

When the long weekends arrive, I just want to have someone to make plans with!!

When I’m in my wits end and I can’t think straight, I just need someone to calm me down!!

When I’m overwhelmed with all the talks that never stops inside my head, I just want someone to hug me close so that the chatter quietens atleast for a bit!!

It’s just the basic need but it feels good to have someone just know that you’re alive and you’re going on about your day!!

It’s just the basic need to have someone have your back!!

And yes I do, before all the “you’ve got friends” thing, I do have very close friends that do these things for me!!

But sometimes, you just want to have “your” person, a go to person that could be there!!

And then with years you begin to be fine by yourself enough to not look for anyone because everytime you felt someone could be there, they end up breaking your heart again!! And the heart learns to protect itself by shutting off people so that nobody can hurt you again!!

And then again those long hours of night happens when you can’t catch a wink; and the heart hopes to have “someone”!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...