Thursday 31 December 2020

Planned life!!

At 19 my plans were on choosing a career and discovering what I want to do with my life!! I never planned on falling in love!! I fantasized love and my ideal relationship but at that age it was only about "Spend your life and grow old with you best friend, sharing laughter and troubles as it comes".. Thats what a teenager feels, I felt the same and when someone I felt connected to came along, I was in love before knowing it!!

At 21 my only plans were to be graduated and complete my CA course and get a high paying corporate job that helps me pay my bills, travel the world and have my own cozy comfy funky place with a big library.. I did top my college with a really good score and also cleared inter CA which I kept delaying long.. But when my love proposed, I decided to get married.. Marriage wasn't planned but that was a beautiful beginning!!

At 23 my plans were to complete my course and design the house we moved in!! I made the house of my dreams complete with a library adjacent to the window and a sitting corner near that to chill!! I also had small and big show walls and picture and artifact displays.. So happy to have the dream of a house come true.. So did another unplanned dream of having a tiny life come true.. I did make some alterations in my life, put aside the career aspirations to raise the one that matters..

Holding that tiny bundle in my arms at 24, all my plans seemed worthless and my plans revolved only around the kid.. Good school, extra curricular centers as per his decisions when he grows, his circle of friends and influence!! 

At 28 I never planned on being a single mother, but life made some decisions for me.. Some things I influenced, some things I reacted, some things happened wrong.. But over the course of time, life gave me few choices.. I tried taking away the option of living but death wouldn't be the way to do so!!
Had it been my way, 2020 would be the year by when Joshua would have had a sibling.. By 2020, I would have been established in my career with a reputed company.. By 2020, I would have been celebrating anniversaries and occasions with my extended family.. By 2020, I would have struck down many places over the globe from my bucket list with my husband.. This is the last year before beginning the 30's and I intended to enjoy life fully before kids enter a difficult phase..

How many plans i made, life took a completely different route!! Things aren't easy and neither am I.. Had it gone as I planned, I wouldn't be as tough as I am now.. I wouldn't have learnt anything had I gotten my way!! Life doesn't go as planned, we make plans as life goes on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Those “Heavy” Thoughts

While travelling the 14km one way ride to n from work on a daily basis, I seldom see women riders..It’s almost always women pillions.. And t...